Monday, March 3, 2014

Here comes another seemingly unrelated post. In reality, however, the film "God Grew Tired of Us" which I am about to discuss can relate back to my regular topic in the realm of life lessons we can learn. For those who have never seen the movie, I'll provide a little bit of background. The film details the travels of three of the "Lost Boys of Sudan," who fled their homeland of Sudan a midst war and chaos. They walked hundreds of miles, starving and dehydrated, to Ethiopia to find refuge. They soon had to travel once again to Kenya, where they remained for 10 years until the United States invited the Lost Boys to come live in the United States. There's several lessons that can be learned from these boys, but I admire their resilience and desire more than anything. If I was one of those boys, I would have given up before we were even half way to Ethiopia; but they didn't. They persisted. They were determined to seek out a better life for themselves, and they did everything necessary to achieve it. Sickness, thirst, endless journeys, didn't deter them. They were even separated from  their families. However, they made the journey and made a better life for themselves. We can all learn important life lessons from these boys; I certainly did just from watching this short documentary. With determination and desire, nothing can deter us from where we want to go or who we want to become: the lost boys of Sudan illustrated this principle right before my eyes in the documentary. I highly recommend you watch it, it has inspired me and allowed me to see how blessed I am in facing the negligible challenges that are in my own personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment